Code of Conduct
Last updated May 21st 2021
A message from Focus
At Focus, our vision is simple. We want to make data more accessible and allow everyone in a team to join a data-led conversation.
On top of building software to realise this mission, we’re excited to foster and maintain an open and empathetic relationship with our community. We want to cultivate an inclusive and diverse group of marketers and teams who are equally as passionate as we are about our mission.
We’re committed to providing a safe, friendly and welcoming environment for all, regardless of who you are, where you’re from, or what your beliefs are. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for folk who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
We expect everyone in the Focus community to abide by this Code of Conduct in all avenues, including our public Slack channel, website and social media channels, as well as at in-person events or virtual gatherings.
1. Your Behaviour
The following behaviours are expected and requested of all Focus community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of our community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert us if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that community event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
The following behaviours are considered harassment and are not tolerated within the Focus community:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualised comments or jokes, inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviours.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behaviour, we may take any action we deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the Focus community without warning.