Last updated November 28th, 2020.
A message from Focus
1. Information we collect
You provide us information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, and other personally identifiable information (all referred to as “Personal Information”) if you elect to receive an asset, resource or place an enquiry on https://getfocus.co. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. We may also retain any messages you send through form placement on our website. You may provide us information in User Content, such as your public profile, social media profiles and the address of your company website.
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page.
2. How we use your information
We use the Personal Information you submit or that we collect to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our services. We use your information in order to (a) provide you with the Service under our agreement with you and (b) where we have a legitimate interest in doing so to optimise the Service we offer and to let you know about our other products and services as they become available.
By providing us with your email address, you acknowledge we may use the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also acknowledge that we may send you notifications of activity on the Service to the email address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your account settings page. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
We may use certain information about you and/or your User Content internally for purposes such as personalising content.
3. How we share your information
Personal Information. We will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others. We may share your Personal Information with third parties (such as hosting providers, payment processors, database providers, customer support providers) for the purpose of providing the Service to you. If we do this, such third parties’ will be contractually bound to safeguard your Personal Information. We may store Personal Information in locations outside of our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers) on the basis of an agreement to safeguard your information.
From time to time, we may run events or activities (“Events”) on the Service together with a third party partner. If you provide information to such third parties, you acknowledge they may use it for the purpose of that Event and any other use that you approve. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a third party, you can choose not to participate in these Events.
(a) conform to the law, comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities;
(b) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of One Five Three Media, our customers or others.
Non-Personal Information. We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain One Five Three Media services.
Targeting and Marketing. Although we do not serve third-party advertising on our Site, we do work with third-parties to target advertising for our Site on third-party websites. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
4. If you are a resident in the EU
If you are resident in the European Union, please note that as we are located in Australia, when you provide us with your Personal Information we will process it in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such as Australia or United States of America, which may not provide the same level of data protection as in your jurisdiction. This is sometimes necessary in order to perform our services. Regardless of where your Personal Information is located, we will adopt measures to protect your Personal Information as set out below.
5. How we protect your information
We care about the integrity and security of your Personal Information and implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to One Five Three Media or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of our distributors, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
6. Compromise of personal information
“Do Not Track” Signals. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “do not track” signal to websites and online services you visit. At this time there is no consensus among industry participants as to the meaning of “do not track” in this context. Like many other websites, https://getfocus.co is not configured to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers. Click here to learn more about “do not track” signals.
7. Your choices about your information
- Decline to Submit Information. You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information through the Service, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- Unsubscribe from emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter. When we send newsletters to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send dedicated newsletters and marketing messages on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honour your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
- Disabling local shared objects (e.g. Flash cookies). We may use other kinds of local storage that function similarly, but are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies, including Flash cookies placed on your device or web browser via the Adobe flash plug-in. Your browser may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage.
- Options concerning third-party ad networks. For more information about third-party ad networks and services that use these technologies, you can visit www.aboutads.info to learn more about your options. You also may visit the Google Ads help site for additional information on opting out of online advertising.
If you are located in the EEA, or if otherwise required by applicable law, you also have the following rights in relation to your information:
- Inspection and access: you can request from us a summary and a copy of any Personal Information we hold about you;
- Correction/addition/removal: where you believe your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request us to correct, amend or delete it;
- Portability: you may request that we send you any Personal Information that you have provided to us or ask that we send this information to a third party;
- Objection: you may object to us using your Personal Information where we use it based on our legitimate interests to do so;
- Restriction: you may request that we restrict the processing of your information where you believe it is inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, you believe we no longer need the information or if you have objected to our use of it; and
- Automated Decision Making: where we undertake automated decision making (including profiling), which significantly affects you, you are entitled to object to such decision-making.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority for data protection in your jurisdiction.
8. Links to other websites